The secret life of tables

And on the lighter side…

Here is Teagen’s explanation for why the tables in our classroom are sometimes closer together or spread farther apart in the morning than how we left them the previous day. It seems…the tables have a secret life! (NOTE: Look at that disco-table especially. Bring you back a few years, parents??)

This is one of the reasons that I have the best job in the world! 🙂

Tables at night...
Tables at night…

Published by

Steve Peterson

I teach fifth grade in Iowa.

10 thoughts on “The secret life of tables”

1. Yes! Isn’t that just perfect. I love the wit in Teagen’s explanation, and the drawing, thinking about what a table in each situation just “might” want to do…it’s just perfect.

And I can’t get the disco-table out of my head. Stayin’ aliiiiiiive…! 🙂

1. Janae. I talked to Randy, our janitor, after school today. He said that sometimes he has a hard time finding his radio when he comes in the next day for work. Now he’s wondering if that radio gets used at night when he’s gone! 🙂

1. Yes. Hilarious! And so helpful. Now we understand a lot more about why things are the way they are. I’m wondering if socks, keys, and wallets have a night life, too? 🙂

1. Teagen has a great imagination!!!! This is why I love being his mom!!!! Thanks for sharing, I was so proud of him when I seen this paper and I’m even prouder now!!!!

1. I had hoped it would be okay to share. I really laughed when I saw the comic!

Also, this is a perfect example of the space I want to create in the classroom. In my experience, creativity, problem-solving, perseverance, even learning itself all emerge from curiosity, which often begins with these words: What’s that? Or What if…? And a smile.

2. emmit has really enjoyed getting to know Teagan this year, and now I am starting to see why they are fast becoming friends.

thanks for fostering your child’s imaginative spirit.